Saturday, April 4, 2009

I spend a lot of time here in Nepal thinking

Before I went with Tirtha to Watabaran I had seen children on the streets here in the tourist district of Thamel, but I had actually not really considered that they are actually the street children of Kathmandu.
Last night I had no problem identifying them. They are so young and so small. They run around and collect plastic that they might be able to sell. The use glue to get high. They are very likely to have a short and rough life. And they are one of the reasons that I'm here in Kathmandu today.
Lina and I want to be a part of the network that are giving the street children a chance. A possibility to not be saved, but to save themselves.

I also think a lot about what we need to do to start up The Fair Tailor. There are a lot of things we need to figure out, a lot of paths we might take. It is a very interesting journey and I am glad that I have the opportunity to do what I'm doing.

I am also happy to see that so many persons wants to read our blog and see what we are up to. So far people from 15 countries have read it and last week we had 178 unique visitors.
But we need all the publicity we can get, so tell all your friends about us.
If we can show that there are a lot of people who are interested in what we do it will make it easier for us to e.g. convince the bank that we have an excellent business idea and that they should loan us a big bag of money so that we can make The Fair Tailor happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se