Friday, April 10, 2009

A day off

Today I have taken a break from The Fair Tailor.
I'm in Pokhara and today I went paragliding overlooking the Himalayas - Simply amazing!
Tomorrow I will go back to Kathmandu.
They have a local election here today and I think it's the start of the Nepali new year, but I think the bus will go tomorrow.

Today, on the way to the start site for the paragliding, I talked to an English woman who have been teaching at a village school for a month. She said that there were hardly any men in the village, they were all abroad working. Even though the women have to take care of the family they have hardly any rights. It us usually someone in the husbands family who is in charge.
When I came here on the bus yesterday I sat next to a man from the area, he had been away working for 20 months in Dubai. He got married three years ago and he had not seen his wife for 20 months, that is tough. And real life for a lot of people in this country.
His wife had stayed in Nepal to take care of his parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se