Thursday, April 2, 2009

First day in Kathmandu

This will be a short post, It's almost 8pm and I think the power will go out at 8pm, that is at least what happened yesterday.

After having slept for 13 hours I started of slowly today.
I have managed to get in contact with a group of Swedes traveling to Nepal to study Fair Trade and I hope to be able to meet with them on Saturday.

Today I have been walking around the city, trying to get a feel for it. It's loud, a bit dirty and crowded. And so far I like it =)
I got me a Nepalese sim card, so now it is easier for people to get in contact with me here. I actually had to leave my finger prints to get the sim card.

Tomorrow I'm meeting Tirtha again, I think we will go to Child Watabaran center together.

Back in Sweden I am a member of Mentor Sverige, an organization similar to the Big Brother program in the US. Anyway, in their news mail today Glenn, the project manager for Mentor in Gothenburg included some info about The Fair Tailor. I imagine that alot of the people that are members of Mentor are LOHAS so that is good PR for us.
Check out the Mentor website if you are interested in what they do.

2 comments:

  1. hej!
    hittade din blogg via resedagboken kommer att vara i kathmandu Boudha 6 till 22 om du vill mötas upp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej,

    Jag hittar tyvarr ingen epostadress till dig, men du kan na mig pa seb.stjern(a)gmail.com

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se