Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who brings a granade launcher to the opening of a childrens home?

Yesterday was the day for the big inauguration of Child Watabaran center's new childrens home. We were 300 guests.
I went there with the Child Watabaran minibus together with people from Leaseplan, who has funded the new childrens home, from Net4Kids, a Dutch NGO, Magnus from Xdin and some of the Child Watabaran staff.
After we had passed a point on the road, the miltary started shutting the road down, since the president was comming to the inauguration. 300 guests attended and there were 1200 military/police guarding the event.
The Maoists are threathening the president, hence the big security detail.
I can understand why they could find use for M16s and sniper rifles,
but I can not really understand why they brought granade launchers to the event.
Did they plan to shoot granades at the childrens home if something would happen there?


Anyway, in the last minute the president canceled his visit due to security reasons.
Despite the fact that the president didn't show up it was a nice ceremony and it is amazing to see the result
of all the hard work put into this project.


For The Fair Tailor things are going really well.
We have finished the 20 sample tailor made dress shirts that I set out to get with me back to Sweden when I fly out tomorrow.
Govinda is doing a great job and we are soo lucky to have found him.

I have had some troubles with YouTube this morning, so I can not add any video right now.
But stay tuned, it will come soon.


There have been something wrong with this post. It looks a bit strange and some of the words are missing. I have tried to fix it, but I may make it look even more strange.

THE FAIR TAILOR
-Dress Responsibly
Tailor made Fair Trade and ecological fine dress shirts via Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se