Thursday, March 19, 2009

A bright new day

Since I’m a little jetlagged from my trip to Central America I slept in a bit today, but once I got out of the shower the day came to a flying start.
I got a phone call from our Swedish contact in Nepal. He has lived in Nepal for several years and has important information about the country that will be very useful for us AND he has a company that design websites. We hope to reach an agreement with his company to design our site, but we are still talking to other companies as well, so nothing is decided yet.

Anyway, I discussed the project with him for a little while and then we booked a meeting in Stockholm for next weekend. Since my plan is to go to Nepal two days later the timing is great.
I have not yet booked any flight tickets, but I plan to do so today. Hopefully I will get a confirmation from our Nepalese contact that he is available, but if not I will book the tickets anyway.

Last night Lina and I were working late and I think we are at our best about 10pm. We came up with some good questions for our meeting with Öhrlings PriceWaterhouseCoopers on Friday and we decided on some things to follow up on.

We found out that 80% of the population in Nepal gets by on less than $2/day, so even if we will pay a very good salary with Nepalese standards, it is still very far from “western” salaries. But I do not feel that it’s a fair comparison to make. We want to make it possible for people in Nepal to make a living in Nepal, and we want to do so by giving them a real job. I feel that we can make a real difference by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se