Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yet another post about DEM Collective

Yesterday I med with Annika Axelsson from DEM Collective.
She had traveled for two days and almost missed her connecting flight in Amstedam so she was a bit tired and confused since she came straight from the flight to meet with me.
She told me about the factory they are building in India and the working conditions for people working in the factories that make clothes for the big brands like H&M and Zara. The storys make me very happy that we have chosen a different path with our project.
I am amazed by Annika, she had hardly slept for 2,5 days and lost her luggage and her passport but she was still full of energy when I met with her. She has worked with Fair Trade and organic materials for quite a long time and it must be frustrating to see how slow things are mowing forward. But she still manages to keep her spirits high. Amazing. 

Sebastian Stjern
The Fair Tailor
-Dress Responsible

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se