Monday, June 15, 2009

Fair Trade

After having spent the weekend at the parents in law in Värmland I am now ready to take on a new week with The Fair Tailor.

Last week I attended a coaching session with an accountant and he made a quick overlook of our budget and found some things that we should have wrote differently. There is no doubt that we need help from someone who knows more about business economics than we do. The coaching session was arranged by Göteborgs Nyföretagarcentrum and if you live in this region and are planning to start a business, I can really recommend going there.

When I was in Nepal in April I med with a group of Swedish students who were there to study Fair Trade. We met in Patan, just south of Kathmandu, to share our experiences of Nepal. Now they are back and one of them was interview by a local paper, NWT. You can read the whole article here link

By chance I came across an only newspaper article in Dagens Industri about Björn Söderberg who has helped us to get in touch with people in Nepal. The article is nothing extraordinary, it tells the story Björn has told tons of newspapers and magazines, but what struck me was the comments to the article. Many of them were really mean and ill-natured and I suppose it is easy to come across some people like that with an article in a business newspaper. In my blog at Veckans Affärer I have already came across comments about our Fair Trade focus. I know a lot of people don't understand the point of Fair Trade, I suppose I will have to get used to facing them more often... You can read the article about Björn and the comments here: link

Sebastian Stjern
THE FAIR TAILOR
-Dress Responsibly

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se