Friday, November 13, 2009

A computer crash

We're about a week away from our launch and yesterday my computer crashed. I take regular backups of my hard drive and I keep a lot of data on my laptop as well. But still, the crash meant that a lot of data was lost.
I burned a live cd with Linux (Ubuntu) and was able to recover my documents and pictures. It was quite a relief to be able to save the documents. It took me 6-7h yesterday, but I was able to restore almost everything and get Windows running again. To be on the safe side in the future I've decided to start using Dropbox. With Dropbox it's possible to access the same files from different computers. Check it out.

THE FAIR TAILOR
-Dress Responsibly
Tailor made Fair Trade and ecological fine dress shirts via Internet


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BlogRankers.com Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se